Hair styling in general, is it a business or passion for you?
– Above all things, you need to love your job. To be successful, and after that come business and craft aims – that is may case. All that together, combined, mixed with dedication, persistence and responsibility guarantees success.
When did you win your first prize?
– My first award, which I still remember, is my dearest one and I am very proud of it. It was long ago, in 1978, when I was only 17 th years old, and it was second place or Youth Vice-champion Award of, then great and big, Yugoslavia.
You were participant and organizator of many shows and events in Ex Yu, tell us more about that…
– I was personally, and as a jury member, involved in organisation of many competitions in ex Yugoslavia, but also abroad…all this popularized this business here. I was President of the Association of Hairdressers of Yugoslavia and President of an Expert Board of male hairdressers. In 2000., together with Mr. Branko Petkovic- Sabota and Mrs. Dragutinovic, I was honorary guest of the Russian Federation when founding their own Hairdressers Association. I have tried to apply all gained knowledge and experiences in my country (Montenegro), whit help of my cooperators, and I believe I have succeeded. I am Yugonostalgic person, although so many years have passed since the break-up of the country. We had big and very powerful Association of hairdressers – very good time spent together and also good results.
After country break up we formed a good team that continued to achieve success, team formed by me, Slobo, Vesko, Sudo, Bajlo, Zoran.G, Mira, Dea…and several more.
We have continued very seriously with our work in Montenegro organizing several traditional competitions, like those in hotel ,,Splendid”, then in in Budva, Petrovac, Bar…also, we organized a large number of professional seminars and competitions on the state level, that are becoming more visited and popular.
Which award is your favorite?
– As I have already mentioned, my first award was Youth Vice-champion of then great Yugoslavia. I was also a champion of Montenegro, I won the fourth place at the championship of Yugoslavia (state level), I was a winner of Belgrade in fashion discipline, and representative of Yugoslavia in Zurich in 1990. and Vienna in 1991. Also, I have been a long time the best world referee, Director of OMC- World Organization for South-East Europe. I was awarded for life-work by the Organization, in Vienna. OMC and Belgrade Club of Hairdressers rewarded me for development of this profession. Last year, on the world championship in Paris, they proclaimed me as an ambassador of the profession and my Academy ,,Zoran” as the best one on the planet… I am sure I have skipped many of awards, but still my dearest one is the first, because I was very young. I remember how proud I was. After that one, other awards arrived as a result of my work, aims I had set and after that achieved.
– From the 1990s I have been constantly present on international stage – as a competitor or in other engagements. I have very good and successful cooperation with OMC. As their member and associator, I attended many seminars and shows worldwide… starting from Paris, across Bordeaux, Novosibirsc, Belgrade, Rijeka, Sarajevo, Skopje, Tirana, Athens…
As we already know, this is also your family work, right?
– It is for sure. My whole family is involved in this business. I have to admit that they are better than me as competitors. My wife, Slavica, is a winner of the greatest awards – golden medalist from the European Championship, silver medalist from several competitions. My daughter, Ljubica, was announced for the best make-up artist on the home scene, and won 3 rd place in discipline ,,Body painting” and main award for scenic make-up. Other daughter, Jelena, when she had only 16 years old was proclaimed several times for the best make- up artist on home scene, she was junior champion of Yugoslavia, and when she was 17 years old in 2007, she won second place on European Cup in Minsk- Belarus. She is the one of the best cooperators of the world’s best hairdresser Anegela Seminarea in ,,Davines” team. My son, Ivan, is junior champion of Yugoslavia, he won 4th place in junior European competition in Vienna 2007. and as senior in 2008. in Moscow, he won silver medal. My youngest daughter, Zorana, won many awards on home scene, but also abroad – on the world championship in Paris last year in September 2017.he won silver medal. in junior category.
My sister’s son, Dragan Marovic, is European champion in 2008. My grandson, Luka, started the same way – he is a winner of many awards on home scene and he won 5 st place on the World Championships in Paris as a member of Junior National Team.
Your name is a “BRAND” in Montenegro, which manifestations and activities are related with that?
– Related to Montenegro I attended many fashion shows, music festivals, traditional fashion – tourism events…on some of these I was invited as ,,SENCE OF BEATY”
We are stylists of many home TV and radio shows hosts. We are organizers of many fashion an humanitarian shows, independently or in cooperation with our partners.
I am pleased I had worked with the greatest masters of profession like Vladimir Garus is, Elena Baklusina, Pjer- Filip Francia, Angelo Seminarea, Tim Hartly, Bryan Sahka and word known fashion creators like Renato Balestra, Gotier…Gotier, after show in Kotor, said that he has never been working with a such a team in backstage.
I am very active with my team and that is something that makes me fulfilled and motivates me for new ideas and plans in further work.
What is your opinion of STYLING Magazine?
– Beside the fact that we have our own magazine named ,,Image”, I am honored and pleased to be found on the pages of your magazine. You are allways trendy, you have all information on latest happenings, reporting from our shows, you get the most fresh information related to word fashion events. We know that your magazine is very popular within professionals but also within our customers – they love it very much. As the owner of many hairdressing salons I can confirm that the reading this magazine is our professional obligation and is one of the most wanted among our customers and workers.
I am witness that in my salons and Academy also we can’t wait new number of your magazine to get released and also our clients have the same opinion. It’s conception, the way of reporting , ability to be always trendy that are your aduts and I recommend your magazine to everyone.
What will you suggest to the upcoming hairdressers?
-The first and basic in doing this job is to love it, then you need to get more knowledge, to learn all the time, to educate yourself and that’s how you have the only chance to succeed in this business. When I had started , it was nothing like today. This job was not so popular, craft as a craft, and today barber craft is real hit in the world , in our country too. As the result of education and training, personal improvement, I have never stooped. I have always moved forward and did not regret for it. If I could get back time again (those first years), I would do the same again. I recommend to people doing this job to be good informed, to attend professional seminars, and to read professional magazines like yours.